We’re back! Episode 2 of Oh Mother Where Art Thou!
The Barcelona based podcast about life as a parent, what we do for fun and where to go for help!
Vanessa and Monica are the founders of Kiddish, a new Barcelona based healthy food delivery service especially for children.
Vanessa (left) has an 18 month old son, she is from Finland and has lived in Barcelona since she was 10.
Monica (right) is a mother of two boys and is expecting a girl in November 2018. She is from Barcelona and half American. She lived in USA for 8 years, she had her sons (now 4 and 2 years old) in New York City before moving back to Barcelona to be close to family.
After staying friends since school they have come together as mums to design meals that are nutritious, delicious and look yummy for children and can be delivered straight to your home. They launched at the start of 2018.
What we talk about:
- Vanessa and Monica, their backgrounds and how they know each other
- Monica’s pregnancy now and previous births
- Vanessa’s birth and choice to use public healthcare in Barcelona
- Monica’s comparison going from 0 to 1 baby and going from 1 to 2 babies.
- What is Kiddish
- Why they started the business
- Their roles in the business and their team
- What are balanced meals and what is healthy food
- Common problems getting kids to eat good food and solutions
- What is in a Kiddish weekly meal plan
- How people could use Kiddish meals
- What if children are too fussy for Kiddish
- How Kiddish works, ordering and delivery
- Real mum questions about fussiness and food inspiration
- What is next for Kiddish
- How they juggle work and family, we can do anything but not everything
Links and recommendations:
Kiddish – Order delicious, nutritious and attractive meals and snacks for your children, delivered anywhere in Barcelona.
Maternitat – Vanessa recommends the hospital for a comfortable and positive birth.
I’d love to hear your comments or your experiences, leave comments on our social media or you can email me direct, all the links below.